Title: Spiney The Unwanted Christmas Tree
Author: Wayne Mclendon
Genre: Children’s Fiction
This was Spiney’s Christmas. He was almost eleven feet tall and much bigger than the other trees. He began getting ready weeks before Thanksgiving. He would shake his branches to remove all of the dead nettle and old bird nests that had been used in the spring. Spiney still let the birds perch in his branches. He really liked that because they were his friends.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am a grandfather who graduated from Auburn University in fisheries in December of 1969. I have owned and operated a fish farm for over forty-five years. I wrote the book Spiney: The Unwanted Christmas Tree page by page on a long trip hauling fish from Auburn, AL, to Lake Village, AR. I have never written a book before. The book, Spiney, was written for my grandchildren. I wanted them to realize that Christmas trees do not always come from a tree farm or a tree lot. Finding the perfect tree was always a special event for me, my brother, my sister, and my dad. The story, Spiney, was written about trees that were not perfect and were never chosen to be someone’s centerpiece for the Christmas holidays..
Wayne is giving away a $25 Gift Card!
- By entering the giveaway, you are confirming you are at least 18 years old.
- One winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter to receive one $25 Gift Certificate to the e-retailer of your choice
- This giveaway begins November 2 and ends on November 13.
- Winners will be contacted via email on November 14.
- Winner has 48 hours to reply.
Good luck everyone!